Monday, April 25, 2011

Information Literacy

I started looking at assignment 2 today and realised I hadn't done my topic 4 readings yet so after listening to the podcast and doing the essential readings I have felt rather bamboozled at the plethora of definitions and outlines of what IL is actually about. I've found some good videos from a variety of sources in order to help me define what IL is all about. I'm pleased to say that these readings will be of use in assignment 2 that is looming ever closer!As of yet, I don't really have a clear definition of IL, but I have determined that it is in relation to the metagocnition about learning and the skills used to get to the final product rather than the product itself, something I need to work on myself! From what I have seen, there are 3 different models regarding IL, the NSW one, Herring's PLUS model and the Big 6 developed my Mike Eisenberg - his video is interesting because it provides a deeper insight to what it's all about.

On closer inspection, I don't know how to post youtube vids yet, but I will work it out and post them then...



ABCCLIOLive



No comments:

Post a Comment