Saturday, August 15, 2009

The discovery of life

A beautiful Sunday afternoon in sunny Alice Springs and here I am posting a blog, huh! Starting to get my head around ETL504 and the things to be completed, now its time to get stuck into ETL501, not that I have not been doing the readings but its time to check out the assignments and start on them. Kinda, need to keep going with my blog as well...

Part A of assingment one is coming along nicely and the group is working well together. They are really helping me get the right headspace. Its tricky doing masters in librarianship when I'm not a librarian, but it will all come together.

As with all group work it is tricky to avoid conflict in our group - not that we have had any, but there are times when I disagree with something that is going to be done and I don't want to say anything about it because I don't want to put people off side. However, when we have been able to compromise with each other by changing the wording of one of the slides or changing the location of the slides. Our group is working famously together and it is great to see that we are all able to listen to each other and take on board other peoples comments. This is such an important part of communicating, being able to accept other people opinions.

Had a great night last night, a friend organised a teachers ball and it was a great sucess. Met lots of new people teachers and non-teachers alike, no librarians though...

No comments:

Post a Comment